How Email Marketing Can Help You Grow Your Business
Email Marketing Is Not Dead!
The Content Marketing Institute predicts Email marketing is going to be bigger and more important than ever to the growth of your business.
If you are new to email marketing, you may find that getting started is the biggest challenge.
With so many different ways to promote your business, one of the biggest challenges you face is deciding which ones work and are worth putting your time and money into.
Still not sure if email marketing is a good idea? Take a look at these facts:
- Almost ⅓ of customers actually prefer to receive communication from brands via their email over any other marketing channel (including social media and print ads)
- Sixty-six percent of consumers have made a purchase as a direct result of viewing an email.
- Email marketing delivers a return of 4,300 percent, which means that for every dollar you spend on email, you can earn $43!
You probably already realize the success of your business relies on your ability to connect with people and motivate them to buy your product or service. When you use email marketing to help achieve that goal, you gain an opportunity to connect with people right where they are, build relationships, establish trust, prove your value and convince them to take action when they’re ready. In this case, action translates to sales for your business.
Let’s look at some details on how email marketing helps grow your business:
- Turn Your Web Site Visitors In To Customers.
Launching a website is a huge milestone for any new entrepreneur or small business owner. Once you have the site built, you start driving traffic to the site via advertising, social media, etc…As a result, you may receive a couple hundred visitors a day, but where are the sales?This is an area where where email marketing can help.
By adding a sign-up form to your website or blog’s homepage you can collect the email addresses from your visitors. As you communicate and show the value of your business over time in the emails you send them, you are able to build and develop those relationships so that when people are ready to make a purchase, they go to you instead of a competitor.
- Grow Your Potential Customer Base … even without your web site.Do you have a brick and mortar store? Do you attend networking events and conferences where you meet potential customers? Are you an entertainer or presenter at a business conference? Make it easy for folks to join your lists. It can be as simple as having them put their name and email address on a clipboard you have available, dropping their business card in a bowl as part of a giveaway, etc…Building your list this way gives you even more opportunities to attract new customers and increase your reach.
- Increase Web Site Traffic By Sharing New Content.Email marketing is a great way to drive traffic back to your web site. Your subscribers are already interested in what you have to offer. That is why they joined your list. Create or identify content that your subscribers may find helpful and include an invitation for them to pick up some new tips, learn more, or just check out your products or services.This helps you keep your brand in front of your prospects, giving them yet another reason to do business with you instead of your competitors.
- Boost Sales of Your Products or Services.Beyond sending emails with new content published on your website, you can also use email marketing to promote new products, sales, or promotions.
Did you know 98 percent of people check their email every single day? With so many people frequently checking their inbox, it really just makes sense to get urgent information out to your audience.You can influence your subscribers to take action by creating enticing subject lines with the promotion discount, or emphasize urgency by showing how much time is left for the sale.
- Build Customer Loyalty.More than just a way to acquire new customers and increase sales, email marketing can also be a powerful tool for creating customer loyalty.
Highlight customer success stories or share user-generated content like social posts and images to reinforce how much you care about your individual fans.Look for opportunities to share outstanding posts, tweets, and comments about your service or the results your customers are experiencing.
Are You Ready To Experience The Power of Email Marketing?
These are just a few of the many benefits of email marketing. There really is only one way for you to truly learn more about them. It all begins with experiencing its power for yourself.
Is there something we missed in this article? Are you curious about a particular benefit and wondering if email marketing can help you accomplish it? Ask your questions in the comment section, below.
To learn more about email marketing and how it can help you grow your business, request our free report by filling out the form, below: