Email Marketing Automation
Examples would include sending an automated welcome email when someone signs up for your list, setting up automated followup emails, making recommendations based on previous purchases, following up when a customer doesn’t complete an order, etc..
Automation takes repetitive tasks off your to-do list to free up your time for other valuable tasks, such as responding to customer questions. It can help customers learn more about your brand, encourage them to keep coming back, or remind them of why they bought from you in the first place.
As a marketer or business owner, you’d like to stay connected to your customers. Making sure you send the right message to the right people at the right time, using automated workflows, is extremely effective for lead nurturing, and ultimately, driving sales from potential customers as well as existing ones.
Benefits Of Email Marketing Automation
1. Personalize Customer Experiences
Research backs up what most marketers already know: Customers love personalization.
- 90% of consumers find personalized content more appealing than generic content.
- 91% of consumers are simply more likely to patronize businesses that provide individualized recommendations and offers.
- A recent experiment showed that when shoppers knew an ad was based on their activity on the site, their click-through rates increased by 11%. Revenue from the product grew by 38%.
- In 2019, 72% of customers only respond to marketing messages that target their interests.
- The best type of personalization experience that marketers use is email.
With email automation you can even create a series of automated emails to help grow your relationships with your customers.
2. Maximize Your Marketing Team
Automation is changing the way that all kinds of teams do business. According to a 2017 survey of information workers, respondents said they believe automating email marketing can improve employee productivity:
- 69% said automation could help reduce wasted time.
- 59% said that they could save at least 6 hours a week if the repetitive aspects of their job were automated.
- 72% said that they would use the time they saved to focus on higher-value work.
For email marketing teams, for example, this could mean less time spent on manually compiling email lists and scheduling messages. Instead, team members could use that time to focus on other important tasks, such as in-depth customer relationship building.
The bottom line: With automation, more gets done—and the added productivity is of higher value.
3. Improve Customer Retention
It’s much easier and more cost effective to sell to an existing customer than to convert a new one, and with automation, you can stay in touch better than ever before. Schedule your messages so that your customers don’t go too long without hearing from you and make sure the copy is relevant to maximize its impact.
An email that reads “Hey … Check our our site!” is likely to end up in the trash. Compare that to this one:
“Dear Bill, we haven’t heard from you in a while. We wanted to make sure that you heard about our latest offer. That computer you’ve been researching came out with a new model, and it’s 20% off! Check it out.”
That’s an example of a message that fills a need, which is more likely to bring back a customer.
When you send out an email series manually, the size of your staff limits the number of customers that you can reach. Would you be able to stay on schedule if your customer base suddenly doubled in size? What if it tripled?
When you send automated emails you scale your email marketing efforts. When you’ve set it up so that your platform sends a message every time someone signs up for your mailing list via a custom signup form, you don’t have to make sure a staff member is available to do it. Check out more email marketing campaign tips for more ideas.
5. Should You Use Email Marketing Automation?
With email automation, customers automatically integrate into your system as soon as they perform any of the actions that you track. Their behavior tells your system what messages to send them next without any additional demands on your limited resources.
More advanced email marketing automation options are available using API or Zapier to connect your TrafficWave campaigns to thousands of other applications such as CRM’s, shopping carts, lead funnels, and more.
We Are Here To Help
We highly recommend connecting to TrafficWave on your favorite social media sites to stay updated and informed.