More and more businesses are asking, “What is email marketing and how does it work?”. It’s a great question and we hope to answer it for you with this article. Email marketing has become an essential tool for small and large businesses since the introduction of the Internet. In this article, we will do our best to explain what email marketing really is, why companies should use it and how they should go about doing so.
In simple terms, email marketing is a form of direct marketing in which businesses use email as a means of communicating with potential clients or existing clients.
The most common ways for companies to use email marketing include:
- Generating new sales leads.
- Following up with sales leads.
- Converting leads in to customers.
- Communicating with customers.
To give some more specific examples to better answer the question, “What is email marketing and how does it work?” let’s take a look at how various industries use email marketing.
- Entertainers use email marketing to build and communicate with their fan base. At an event or concert, fans could be invited to join the entertainer’s list. The entertainer would add a signup-form to their web site. When there is a new event, concert, or special announcement, the entertainer would then be able to send that information out to their list.
- Retailers use email marketing to drive new sales and generate repeat business. Advertising would include an option to join the retailer’s list to receive special updates, coupons, incentives, or announcement. From there, the retailer would be able to stay in touch with their customers to create ongoing repeat business.
- Restaurants are another great example. Chances are, you receive emails from some of your favorite restaurants with coupons, discounts, and special event announcements. This is a great way for restaurants to keep their name in front of their customers and drive repeat sales.
- Network Marketers often use email marketing to generate new leads and then follow up with those leads.
- Affiliate Marketers will use email marketing to build targeted lists of people with specific areas of interest. Then, as they find offers that would appeal to those groups, they are able to use email marketing to send those offers out to their lists.
So, if you have been asking, “What is email marketing and how does it work?” we hope this article gives you the overall idea for how email marketing can work for your business.
If you’d like to learn more about how TrafficWave.net can help you build your business with email marketing, we invite you to request our free report that gives you more details and can show you how to get started absolutely free. Just fill out the form, below.
We Are Here To Help
We highly recommend connecting to us on your favorite social media sites to stay updated and informed.
Find us on Facebook:
Talk with other users on our Facebook Group Page:
Follow Us On LinkedIn:
Follow Us On Twitter:
Our Youtube channel is located at
Follow Us On Instagram:
Our blog: http://blog.trafficwave.net/
You may also want to check out these articles:
Getting Good Email Marketing Results
Post Tags (2)