How important is your email open rate? Once you have begun building your email marketing list, you want to be sure your email marketing messages are being opened. Building a huge list is great, but a list of 100,000 subscribers is worthless if your email messages aren’t being opened and read.
Let’s look at some of the best ways to use your subject lines to improve your email open rates.
- Reason Why email subject lines: This email subject line gives your reader a solid reason to open your email marketing message. Example: Why List Building Is So Important
- Benefit email subject lines: Benefits sell. Features tell.Example: Increase Sales by 50% Using This Simple Method.
- Question email subject lines: A good question can make your reader want to know more so they are more inclined to open your email marketing message. Example: Do You Know Why AutoResponders Should Be a Part Of Your Online Marketing Plan?
- Testimonial email subject lines: Testimonials build credibility and social proof. This makes readers curious to learn more. Example: He used this technique to make sales in 24 hours.
- How-To email subject lines: Show your readers how to achieve a goal and they will want to learn more by opening your message.Example: How To Build Your Email Marketing Lists
- Personalized email subject lines: Any subject line will capture more attention when it is addressed specifically to the recipient. If you are capturing your prospect’s name, use it in your subject line. Example: Jim Smith, you can build your email marketing list absolutely free!
Hopefully, this will give you some good ideas on ways you can use your email subject lines to improve your open rates. Comment to share your experiences and any other ideas you may have to help improve your email subject lines.