List Building Strategies
You’ve got something to sell. You need productive list building strategies to make those sales happen. You keep seeing people talking about how email marketing is better than social media. You are ready to get started. Let’s look at 5 effective list building strategies you can start using right away.
What is list building? The term list building refers to the process of collecting email addresses from the visitors or users of your website. This is done via lead capture software in order to grow your subscriber database and empower future business communications with prospective or existing clients.
Of course, you need to make sure your content is powerful, makes people want to read it, and solves a problem for your readers. Getting subscribers is one thing. Keeping them engaged is where the money comes in.
Effective List Building Strategies
1) Add Your Capture Form To Your Blog or Web Site. List building strategies would not be complete without the basics. Be sure you have added your capture form to your web site or blog in a place that makes it very obvious to your visitors so they can subscribe if they want more information.
2) Promote Your Offers On Social Media. At least some of the folks who follow you on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, etc… were interested enough to make the connection. Be sure to consistently post your offer and lead capture pages on your favorite social media accounts.
3) Include Social Media Sharing Buttons. In your email marketing messages, be sure to include social media sharing buttons. As your readers share your content, you gain access to a larger network of friends and colleagues who might sign up for your list.
4) Offer a Give-Away or Freebie. Do you have a free sample, download, ebook, video, or something you can offer subscribers? Make sure you include this on your capture page to encourage more subscription requests.
5) Collect Email Addresses at Live and Offline Events. When someone hands you a business card, ask if you can add them to your contacts for future follow up.
Bonus Tip: Never Stop Building Your List
Each of these list building strategies can be put in to action very quickly at no cost and should have an overall positive impact on your list growth and email marketing effectiveness.
We Are Here To Help
We highly recommend connecting to TrafficWave on your favorite social media sites to stay updated and informed.