How To WhiteList an Email Address
Looking for instructions on how to whitelist an email address? This article should help. Nobody likes getting unsolicited emails. Services like Gmail, AOL, Outlook.com and Yahoo! Mail block email to protect you from unwanted or malicious email such as phishing, scams and spam. Unfortunatey In some cases, even when you requested the email, they are mistaking email that you want for email that you don’t want.
If you ask your email provider to unblock or whitelist an email address, email from that address will be more likely to get through. Here is an explanation of how to do that with some of the most popular email programs.
How To Whitelist an email address in AOL
1. Open an email from us and then click the ‘This Is Not Spam’ button
2. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book
3. Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the ‘Add’ button
4. Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load
5. Paste into the ‘Other E-Mail’ field
6. Make our “From” address, , the Primary E-Mail address by checking the appropriate box
7. Click “Save”
How To Whitelist an email address in Yahoo!
To whitelist with Yahoo!, you will need to set up a “filter” after first taking the following steps:
1. If you find email from is going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click “Not Spam”
2. Be sure that the address is not in your “Blocked Addresses” list. If is on your “Blocked Addresses” list, select it and click “Remove Block”
Now to create the filter:
3. Open your mail and click on “Mail Options” in the upper right hand corner
4. Select ‘Filters’ (in the bottom left corner)
5. On the Filters page, click “Add”
6. Select the “From header:” rule, and add “contains” and , which tells the system to put email with in your inbox and not the bulk folder.
7. Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select ‘Inbox’
8. Pick the Add Filter button
How To Whitelist an email address in Hotmail
To whitelist our address with Hotmail you will need to add to your Hotmail Safe List. Here’s how:
1. First, if you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk”
2. Next, check to see if if the email address is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the “Remove” button.
3. Next, open your mailbox and click “Options” in the upper right hand corner
4. At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” link
5. Next, click on “Safe List”, which is down near the bottom
6. Copy and paste where it says “Type an address or domain”
7. Click the “Add” button
How To Whitelist an email address in Cox
1. Mouse over the Settings menu icon and select Settings.
2. Click Filters and then Add
3. Enter a Filter Name
4. Either enter the domain of the email you want to whitelist in the Sender field, or … Select Inbox as the folder to deliver the email to.
5. Click Save and then click Save again.
How To Whitelist an email address in Gmail
1. First, if you find email from us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the “Not Spam” button
2. Next, open an email that you have received from us
3. Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply”:
4. Click “Add email@example.com to Contacts list”
How To Whitelist an email address in Microsoft Outlook
1. On the Tools menu, click Options
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
4. Add where it says “Add address”
5. Click OK
How To Whitelist an email address in Thunderbird
To whitelist in Thunderbird, you will need to add to your address book, and then set up your Thunderbird Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
1. First, if you find email from in your Junk folder, right-click on our email and choose “Mark as Not Junk”
2. Next, click the Address Book button
3. Highlight the Personal Address Book
4. Click on “New Card”
5. In the “Contact” tab of the new card, copy and paste to the email dialog box
6. Click “Ok”
7. Next, to whitelist your address book, select “Tools > Junk Mail Controls” from the drop down menu
8. Update the “White Lists” module under the “Settings” tab by selecting “Personal Address Book” from the drop down menu, and then check the box next to “Do not mark messages as junk mail”
9. Click “Ok”
How To Whitelist an email address in Apple Mail for OS X
1. First, if email from ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click “Not Junk” at the top of your screen.
2. Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
3. Go to the Rules tab
4. Select Add Rule
5. Give this rule a name such as “firstname.lastname@example.org”
6. Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains'” and then paste in “”
7. From the actions, select ‘Move message’ to mailbox ‘Inbox’.
8. Click “OK”
How To Whitelist an email address in Postini
You do not need to whitelist email from email@example.com in Postini unless you find it trapped in the “Junk” area by Postini.
1. Log into your Postini account
2. Look to see if any email from is listed in your Junk area
3. If you find email from in the Junk area, check the check box next to the email from
4. Click the “Deliver Selected” link at the very top of the Junk screen
5. On the next screen, click the “Approve Sender” check box next to the email from
6. Click the “Approve Selected Senders” button
If you are experiencing an issue with email on your own domain name, we find that a call to your hosting company can be very helpful. Just give them a call and let them know that you want to receive email from a particular domain. They can usually get it resolved very quickly or point you in the right direction.
If you are an email marketer, the other side of the deliverability discussion is to make sure you are not working against yourself. Double opt-in makes sure that the people on your list actually want to be on your list.
You will want to be sure you are taking steps to make sure your message gets delivered by paying attention to your content and how it affects deliverability.
We Are Here To Help
We highly recommend connecting to us on your favorite social media sites to stay updated and informed.
Our blog: http://blog.trafficwave.net/
Join Us For Email Marketing Monday
Every Monday at 7pm Central