Wondering about the benefits of email marketing? Email marketing is an important tool for any small business. While there is a big buzz about social media (and social media does work), it is easy to get caught up in the hype. The important thing to remember is that email marketing still outproduces social media. By no means should you not be using social media. It just makes more sense to combine the two and use your social media leverage to build your lists.
Take a look at these numbers that show the ROI (Return On Investment) for various digital marketing channels:
From this chart, it is easy to see that it makes sense to combine each available channel for maximum effect. Ready to dig in a little deeper? Check out these
Benefits of Email Marketing:
1. Email gives you a direct connection with prospects, customers, partners, and affiliates. Rather than doing a blind blast or broadcast, your email subscribers have asked for your information. Email marketing lets you target and personalize your messages for best effect.
2. Email builds and reinforces brand awareness. Generally speaking, it takes 7 contacts to convert a prospect to a paying customer. Email marketing makes it easy to put your message in front of your prosecutes, reinforcing your brand awareness.
3. Email gives you solid conversion rates. Email conversion rates are three times higher than social media according to McKinsey & Company. Since the end goal is to convert into sales, this number is meaningful. While social media has a big reach, 91% of Americans use their email every single day. That is a lot of opportunities to put your message in front of decision makers.
4. Email marketing gives you control over where visitors land on your site. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is great and something your business should definitely be doing. When your prospects get your email, you can take them directly to the page they need to learn more or get your offer. This creates a smoother experience for your prospects and customers instead of just hoping they land on the right page.
5. Email marketing is cost effective.Email conversion rates are three times higher than social media according to McKinsey & Company. Since the end goal is to convert into sales, this number is important to know.
6. Email marketing is trackable. With email marketing you can track your open rates and click throughs to know exactly how well your campaigns are performing at any given time. Need to make an adjustment? Make changes in your next broadcast and test the results. This sort of information helps you dial in your campaigns for best results.
7. Email marketing integrates easily in to your other marketing channels. Adding a capture form to your web site or blog is a simple task for your web developer. When your banner advertising, SEO campaigns, and keyword ads bring visitors to your web site, your capture form makes it easy to get prospect information and send your follow up content.
8. Email marketing is flexible. If you need to change up your offer, it’s easy to do with email marketing. Need to send out a seasonal offer or update your subscribers on critical matters. It’s no problem with email marketing.
These are just some of the benefits of email marketing. Hopefully, you see how important email marketing can be for your business.